Friday, September 3, 2010

Lots of Questions, But Not With Quality Road

My head is starting to hurt from all the handicapping I have been doing, so as much as I hate to see the Saratoga meet come to a close this weekend, I will enjoy a few days off, after Monday. ( Well, I say that now, but...who knows?)
I cannot see anyone coming close to beating Quality Road in the Woodward tomorrow, even at the mile and an eighth distance. He is just so much better than any of these. One has to wonder if they are REALLY pointing him towards the Classic in November, or to the Mile? And that's 2 months away. Will they  just train him up to that? I am getting ahead of myself here, but I really think he is a lock, at least for tomorrow. 
One of the toughest races on the card to handicap tomorrow is the Forego.Girolamo is back after a long layoff, and you have several talented horses in here that LOVE the distance. The outcome of the Forego will have lots of Breeder's Cup implications. How will that all shakedown?
Tomorrow's 5th race is a maiden race, going a mile on the inner. And there is a 1/2 brother to Zenyatta in here! Souper Spectacular is a chestnut colt by Giant's Causeway out of the Kris S mare, Vertigineaux. He has run twice on dirt, and now he is stretching out and going to the turf.  I'm looking forward to watching this horse. Will the surface switch make all the difference?
Will tropical storm Earl drop any rain on the Saratoga surfaces? Mother Nature will just make us wait for the answer to that one.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of hope he breaks his maiden tomorrow. He has run 4th and 6th on the dirt. I think his first race was a bit short.

    ReplyDelete