Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking Back -2011

I’m taking a look back with appreciation to some of the bloggers that I have enjoyed this past year. I really value those who make the effort to keep up their posts, because it’s not always easy to do. I know very well, no matter how passionate you are about it, keeping a blog current, takes time and commitment.

So I am giving a “shout out” to:

The Knight Sky- Thanks Norm for turning me on to Rapid Redux. I had never heard of him till I read your post, many months ago. He’s in a zip code of his own. And your weekly contests are the Best!

Equispace – Geno, your top ten lists are beyond compare. And I can’t tell you how many times your posts have reminded me of a contest I shouldn’t miss. Thanks for continuing to include me in the Handicapper s Corner at Thoro Fan.

Twin Spires - Ed De Rosa Thank you for the Huddie connection. I had so much fun this summer with Toga Picks. But more than that, you are a wealth of information, in all things, all the time, and you have allowed your readers to get to know a different side of you lately. I hope you know how many followers are pulling for the” the little guy. ”

Turk and Little Turk – always enjoy not only your insight into your handicapping strategies, but your subtle insights on life in general.

The Track Philosopher - Maybe the Best- Best of the Year list for 2011. Thanks for your continued support.

Giving My Ten Cents – Chris Hernandez (hey where’s my Zenyatta mug??!!) I’m always amazed at what a good grasp of the racing game certain 20 something‘s have. For a young guy, Chris is very astute in his handicapping and a great source for all things west coast. .

Wire Players – Good handicappers here, I always check these guys out, looking for bits and pieces I may have missed in my handicapping analysis. Their current post is a departure, though, and spot on, I may add.

Brooklyn Backstretch – Teresa‘s writings are informative and creative.Her historical pieces always bring back memories and her current opinions are well thought out. She never seems to runs out of stories to tell. I don’t even know her, but I do know that when a “cat” horse wins, she’s smiling.

Hangin’ with Haskin- I never miss anything this man writes. He writes with soul, and has a great appreciation for the racing game.

Blogs are as unique as the person that writes them. Their words can inform you, make you think, or just make you chuckle.
Thanks, all, for the inspiration and all the good writing. I look ahead for more of the same in 2012.

I had intended to give you links to each of these blogs, but Blogger is being a little cranky at the moment. Just look to the right hand column and you will see their latest posts.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me on this list of knowledgable, informed writers. Great to "know" you through here and Twitter, and happy, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. S - Appreciate the shoutout and your blog. Hope you have a great New Year and wishing you lots of luck at the windows in 2012! Hope to catch you at the Spa this summer.

    Geno

    ReplyDelete
  3. A happy, healthy, and prosperous 2012 to you both!

    ReplyDelete