The Grade 1 Knob Creek Manhattan goes as the 10th race on Saturday. It is the race before the Belmont Stakes, on a day that might well be an historic day in racing history.
has a purse of one million dollars and is contested at a mile and a quarter
inner turf course. It drew a field of 11 colts and geldings. Belmont
- Hyper – Second race back after a 17 month layoff was an even effort in the Grade 1 six horse field, over this course. May need another to be back at his best.
- Twilight Eclipse – Highweight and deserving ML favorite, winner of the Man’o War, a high class horse that always makes his run, but has never run at this distance.
- Finnegans Wake – West coast turf star, dead closer, needs to work out a trip.
- War Dancer – Has shown more speed since the trainer change to Mott. Third race back off a layoff, in light, could have some upside.
- Big Blue Kitten – Twelve time winner, another that has never won at the distance and must work out a trip.
- Legendary – Very nice horse but appears a cut below.
- Slumber – Hasn’t won in more than 2 years. Not a fan of first time “blinkers on” for a 7 year old.
- Biz The Nurse – One of 2 Euro horses, classy, yes, not sure if he measures up
- Magic Artist – Would be shocked.
- General A Rod – First time turf, out of a Dynaformer mare, breeding says “should turf” good works, Johnny V aboard, when perhaps he could have ridden Jack Milton? Have to consider.
- Jack Milton – Classy horse, but the big question is…does he want to go this far?
It’s a great card on a great day of racing,
and as always,
Fast & Safe to all our equine friends!
Post a Comment