Friday, August 27, 2010

Jumping Into the All Stakes Pick 4 Pool

My late Pick 4 play at Saratoga could change by post time tomorrow, depending on  any scratches,  any changes in track conditions, any track bias and at least a look at the horses before the 9th race. But I will plan on a fast track, so here goes. I usually like to make a small 2x2x2x2 $1 Pick 4 for a total of $16. I also like to pick a logical horse and then maybe something a little crazy, just ‘cuz.

In the 9th, I like both Kates. The distance of the Mother Goose was asking alot for Katy Now, so she will get a pass for that. Turning back to a sprint, she has tactical speed, and has drawn nicely, outside. Kid Kate is the other in here. She is two for two at the track. I think she will appreciate the shortening up as well. She will have to work out a trip, as she will probably be back early. She finished nearly 4 lengths in front of Persistently at Belmont, who is in the Personal Ensign on Sunday


In the Ballerina, I like Devil By Design. The Mott trainee has become very consistent since removing her blinkers, plus, she loves this distance. She had an excuse in the Bed’o Roses, and my guess is, Kent wrapped up on her. Do I dare leave out Champion, Informed Decision? She seems to prefer synthetics, she has never won at Saratoga, but I don’t think I can leave her out.


In the King’s Bishop, who is the fastest, D’Funnybone or Discreetly Mine? I don’t know, but I will go with DM as he has a better draw. And should a speed dual develop, I will throw in the ambitiously placed Bank Merger to maybe pick up the pieces.. Stranger things have happened.


And now the Travers… what to do?  I am not jumping ship on First Dude. He is my pick. He is a horse with speed , who can go a route of ground. He is game, and the blinkers might be just the thing to give him the extra focus he needs. The distance might be too far for some of the others, but I don’t think it’s an issue for him. I am confused about Trappe Shot. He has a world of talent, but does he want to run this far? But the Tapit’s are doing everything right, and there is certainly enough stamina in his pedigree.


So that’s my little jump into the Late All-Stakes Pick 4 pool. Hope everyone has a winning day!

No comments:

Post a Comment