Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Horse That God Would Want To Ride

There are any number of Saturday Afternoon Horses that have converged in Lexington, Kentucky for the World Equestrian Games. The horse I have been waiting to see, lived up to every and all expectations. Moorlands Totilas, a ten year old Dutch bred, black stallion, ridden by Edward Gal, got a score of 84.043, clinching the Team Gold Medal for his team mates and for the Netherlands. "Toto" has been breaking records every where he goes, and he is the only horse to ever own the World Record for the Grand Prix, the Grand Prix Special and the Freestyle, all at the same time. While I am probably not going to run out and buy his book , I am in awe everytime I see this horse move. Here is a video of some of his test in the team competition on Tuesday. Towards the end of the video, watch his tempi changes. At the collected canter, you can really get a feel of how a horse changes leads.
It is an international cinch, and odds-on, that this horse will win the Gold this weekend , in the Special and the Freestyle. Someone said, if God wanted a horse, Moorlands Totilas would be that horse. I can add a few more to that list, but, I'm sure God would love to throw his leg over Toto. And so would I.  


No comments:

Post a Comment